Reflection Week #2

After watching the film, ‘Most Likely to Succeed’, I was very surprised hearing the opinions of people from various ages. I appreciated how they incorporated the opinions of parents, teachers and students as well. In my opinion, learning curves like these, and massive changes within the curriculums are mandatory. However, they need to blend and appreciate the pros and cons to various teaching and learning styles, not just wiping out the other approaches. I think the education practices displayed in this film really enhanced the confidence, teamwork, and understanding of the students learning. These skills are crucial for life and future careers. The set pattern or structure set out for students to go to school, pass tests, get good letter grades, go to university, and get a job or even an undesired job is unrealistic. There is so much change in our society, whether it is machines taking over jobs, or even how we are assessed in life, the strict letter grades and subject comprehension cannot assist in our achievements of this pattern. I think this film really opened my eyes to the pros and cons of learning styles, leaving me with a strong conclusion for my own teachings. Everyone learns differently. Each form of teaching will not work for every student. To successfully teach students I need to form a hybrid model of various techniques and skills to assist the learning and self growth of my students.